Question

How To Parse RSS Data

• 23 February 2024
  • 3 replies

I am trying to parse data from this RSS feed https://clients.delawaresbdc.org/feeds.aspx so that way I can send it to our events calendar plugin on my website. The problem is I do not know enough about Zapier formatting tools to do this. I have spent hours trying to parse out information but of course the tags are not great and I am not sure what I am doing. I am trying to gather Title, Area (in person or online), Topic category, date and time (in a range), and description. All I can get to work at the moment is title. I finally got it to pull the correct date and time but I want it to be formatted date and time and I can not get it to do a start and end time. 

I am looking for any help you can give on how to create a chain of zaps that will do this for me. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @delawareSBDC 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how your steps are outlined and configured along the specific examples of the date that you were trying to pass out from the RSS feed.

Hello, sorry to step in, but I have a similar problem.

I need to parse podcasts RSS so I can show the info (episodes, description, images, etc.) in my website. 

The current zap I have is this:

The problem is the info I get from the webhook is not possible to use it to map the data base of my site. This is what I get:

And this is what I need to fill:

​​​​

Also, I come from make.com and I used iterator in the past, to send the info of all episodes. Is there anything similar in zapier to tell him how many items you want to pass to your site’s database?

thanks for your time and help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @rafa_flama 

Probably best to post your own topic so it gets proper attention, thanks.