Best answer

How to match a linked item in one Monday board and use data from the other?

• 11 August 2023
  • 3 replies

I have two different boards I’m using in Monday that are linked by a Connect Boards column, one for sales and one for contacts. When a item’s column in my sales board changes, I want to take a value from a column in the linked item in the contacts boards so I can match it on the relevant contact in my Hubspot site.

My question is, how can I match a linked item in one Monday boards and use data from the other?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by ken.a 15 August 2023, 09:41

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Tom Chapel 

Good question.

The linked Boards should return the Item ID in the Zap.

You can add an Item ID field in the Boards to use to lookup the returned Item ID value.

Hi @Tom Chapel 

Good question.

The linked Boards should return the Item ID in the Zap.

You can add an Item ID field in the Boards to use to lookup the returned Item ID value.

I think we may be getting into headache territory quite quickly - the Board Link field just gives me the name of my contact, not the ID for the item. There aren’t any fields in the Sales board that correspond with an ID in the Contacts board.

This might be an issue with my database design, and I could try and match on the name of my contact instead, but when I try to get item by column value I only get the option to match on a small subset of all the columns in my Contacts board - neither name nor ID are included in that subset.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Tom Chapel,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I did some digging into this, and it seems like this is a known bug with the monday.com integration where the item ID is not being returned by the “Get Item by Column Value” action. Our team is aware of the issue and we're working with monday.com on a fix. I've added your email address as another affected member. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.