Question

How to make payment confirmation from Stripe to Livespace CRM?

• 13 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi there,

I use Livespace CRM and Stripe for payments. I’ve created a Zap that makes products, prices and payment links in Stripe which are made from data pulled from deals made in Livespace CRM. Then it’s published as a note in that deal in CRM. Everything works fine.

Nut now I would like to make a Zap triggered when a customer makes a payment from that specific payment link where tha actin part makes a note in that specifik deal in Livespace. But I have no idea how to connect that. Does anyone have an idea?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @DamianD, welcome to the Community!

If you select the New Payment trigger for Stripe and you load in a test record for a payment that was made via a payment link does it show a Payment Link field containing the payment link ID? I’m not able to test that myself but I think that Payment Link field should come through to the Zap from Stripe if for those types of payments. 

If that’s the case, the next thing you’d need to figure out it how to search Livespace for the deal that relates to that payment link ID. There’s a Find a Deal action but that doesn’t appear to have the option to search the notes on the deal. So I suspect what you may need to do is create a lookup table that you can search. An app like Google Sheets would work for this. If you’ve not done that sort of thing before we’ve got a guide in Community which you may find helpful:

I’m thinking that in your existing Zap you’d add a Create Spreadsheet Row (Google Sheets) action to add the payment link ID and the corresponding ID for the deal. Then in the Zap that triggers on the new payments you’d use a Lookup Spreadsheet Row (Google Sheets) action to search for row containing the relevant payment link ID. This would get the corresponding Deal ID. Then on a Add Deal Note (Livespace) action, in the Deal ID field you’d choose the Custom value option and select the Deal ID found by the previous action. This should ensure that the note is added to the correct deal. 

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. If you run into any issues on that just let me know! 🙂