Question

How to make automation on file that does not exist at the time.

• 4 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello :)

I have a folder containing 1 invoice. I would like to genarte new invoices every month from that one invoice and sent it at the end of each month.

What I have done now is as follows: Every month the event triggers. First a date is created for the invoice where the date is completely pasted together. 20230704 Then the existing invoice is copied with this date in the file name. "Invoice 20230704" I then want to change the spreadsheet row containing the date, invoice number, etc.

but the problem is that i can't create this automation because the file doesn't exist yet. How can I do this?

Its not strange that it cant find anything becuase its not created but the automation needs to understand that when it wil get at this point of the automation it will be create because it happend 1 step earlyer? How can i fix this? 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Spacingcake 

You will need to copy your template spreadsheet before your screenshotted action using

Then from the copied spreadsheet you’ll need to find the worksheet/tab

And then add the copied spreadsheet ID in Spreadsheet title (custom) and in worksheet field (custom) add the worksheet id from the new copy.

Hi @Spacingcake 

You will need to copy your template spreadsheet before your screenshotted action using

Then from the copied spreadsheet you’ll need to find the worksheet/tab

And then add the copied spreadsheet ID in Spreadsheet title (custom) and in worksheet field (custom) add the worksheet id from the new copy.

Im already doing that right? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Spacingcake,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Could you please share a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured for me to take a closer look? Especially, the fields of all of your action steps? Here’s an example screenshot of what I’m looking for:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Thanks! 😊