Best answer

How to limit Zaps messages to Team Channel to 1 message total

• 18 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I made a zap that sends a Team message to a specific Teams Channel regarding a cell in Google Sheets, but Zapier send multiple messages everyday regarding that cell. Is there a way to limit the notification/message to one time only?

I just need the zap to send a message to the channel one time and that’s it, is there an extra step that I need to add to my zap? or is this not possible yet?

icon

Best answer by andywingrave 22 November 2020, 19:22

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Please provide screenshots of how your Zap steps are configured.

May need to add a Filter step to the Zap and/or adjust or change the trigger event.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello there! Hope you're well.

My recommendation here would actually, if possible just use something like Airtable because you can control your zap triggers in a much more elegant way.

Google sheets is going to trigger every time you update a row - Because that's how the Zapier integration has been configured. My advice is to never use Google Sheets as both a Zap powering spreadsheet in addition to one that's used for general tasks - Because this problem is so pervasive.

Here's a really tacky workaround if your system relies on Sheets though:

First we want to add a column in our sheet - Called "triggered" (or something) which will be a date and time field

1. Trigger as normal

2. Filter based on Triggered - Was the timestamp in the last 24 hours or not?

3. If it passes continue and update as normal

4. End your zap by updating the column with a new timestamp of the current time

This should ensure it triggers only once per 24 hours...

So very hacky - But it should work.

Hope that helps!