Best answer

How to include /toggle headings in the content section when "Create Database Item in Notion"?

• 23 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Notion has Toggle headings that within Notion are created via `/toggleh1` `/toggleh2` and `/toggleh3`

I’m trying to create database items that have this toggle h3 heading, named “Changelog (newest to oldest)” inside the Content area of the zap action. Can’t find any documentation to assist.

I’ve already tried including the toggle heading in the Template for this db within Notion, but for whatever reason I don’t think Zapier is using the template.

Here’s how it looks in my template: (this is the desired result everytime)

notion screenshot

here’s my best attempt which obviously isn’t working:

content section of zap
notion screenshot

icon

Best answer by ken.a 19 March 2024, 08:17

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @m_ocra,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into this, and it seems like you need to use a specific commands to style your Notion’s content body. You can read more about the commands here: https://www.notion.so/help/customize-and-style-your-content

Kindly give it a try and let me know how it goes? I'll keep an eye out for your response!

Userlevel 1

Hi there @m_ocra,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into this, and it seems like you need to use a specific commands to style your Notion’s content body. You can read more about the commands here: https://www.notion.so/help/customize-and-style-your-content

Kindly give it a try and let me know how it goes? I'll keep an eye out for your response!

I am trying to perform the same action.

Notion styling indicates using > + space to create a toggle but this doesn’t work as expected when implemented in the Zapier content section and instead creates a quote block in Notion. 

Could you suggest what to include in the Zapier content section to create a toggle header

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @haroon-yewmaker,

You can use the ### command if you want a heading 3 on your Database content and ensure that the “Content Format” field is set to Markdown. Like so:

91373e7956c3512c9fcacb4156f3d2be.png
(view larger)

Result:

868f8685875cca2ee7a8f1ef326dfeb1.png
(view larger)

Hopefully, this helps!

Userlevel 1

Thanks ken.a.

As per the original question from m_ocra, we are looking to create a toggle heading not a heading. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Haroon

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @haroon-yewmaker,

I apologize for the confusion on my part.

It looks like Toggle block object is not supported at the moment. However, we do have an existing feature request for this exact funtionality.

I have added you and @m_ocra to the open feature request. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Hopefully, this helps!