Best answer

How to include column headers in zap from Google Sheets to Trello

• 2 July 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi. I am new to Zapier - like as of yesterday. I am using the tool to transfer data from a Google Sheet Doc to a card on our Trello board. I was able to get the data from the survey to transfer; however, now I want to include the column header as well in the transfer so my team know what the data is. Is there another tool or step I need to take to do so? Thank you so much for your help. :-) 

icon

Best answer by PaulKortman 2 July 2020, 22:35

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 1

@PaulKortman you rock! Thank you so much! It worked. I appreciate your help!

Maria 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@mariamariaw welcome to Zapier! and thanks for reaching out here, I tend to think this is a helpful community and hopefully you will find the same is true for your experience!

The Column header will need to be “hard coded” into your trello step. So I’m assuming you are putting all of the column values (for the row) into the message field in a new card in Trello and it looks something like this with each column on a new line:

All you need to do is add the column names in front of each one, so it would look like this:

Hopefully seeing this example will help you understand the concept so you can use this in any field you are adding content do (not just the Description field)