Best answer

How to format inconsistent address?

• 30 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

My CRM has me input all the address fields separately but sends it to Zapier in an odd format.  I need to pull only the street address portion.  Here is an example of what is pulled over to Zapier. 

123 N Zapier St Lutz, FL 33549 US

[street address] [city], [state] [zip] [country]

I can’t use the comma separator because there’s no comma in from of the city name and if I use a space separator then it’ll be different each time depending on if there a street direct or multi word street name. 

Any suggestions on how I could get this to work?

icon

Best answer by chanelle 30 March 2023, 21:34

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 1

I figured it out right after I posted this question.  I hope this helps someone else who may have a similar issue.

I realized there is actually a break after the street address.  You can’t see it in the Input section but it shows in the test output.  I used the [:break:] as my separator and it worked perfectly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @lyndie thanks for stopping by the Community, we’d love to help! 👋

Are you using our Formatter by Zapier step within your Zap? I’ve also found this Community post that may align with what you’re looking to accomplish. Am I along the right track here? Let me know!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @lyndie 

Out of curiosity, what CRM app are you using?

Userlevel 1

Hi @lyndie thanks for stopping by the Community, we’d love to help! 👋

Are you using our Formatter by Zapier step within your Zap? I’ve also found this Community post that may align with what you’re looking to accomplish. Am I along the right track here? Let me know!

That one had a comma after the street address making it easy to separate.  I just did not realize initially that the address had a break after the street address.

Hi @lyndie 

Out of curiosity, what CRM app are you using?

Realvolve