Best answer

How can I format Address entry?

• 12 January 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi,

I use Monday as my CRM platform. In Monday, the address is collected all together (1234 John Doe St, City, State Zip), however, in Quickbooks Online, it askes for all of this information in separate fields. Is there any way to separate the information?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 12 January 2022, 20:37

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @art001 

It can be tricky to parse a full address into separate address fields.

Parsing a full address relies on very standardized data points and formatting.

e.g. Sometimes there’s a Street 2.

A Code step would be best for attempting this, otherwise you may need multiple Formatter steps.

Hi Troy,

Thank you for your input! I am new to Zapier, would you be able to tell me how can I figure out how to do it with code, or which steps I would need in formatter?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@art001 

Try these Zap steps…

Assuming the Full Address is in this EXACT format: [STREET], [CITY], [STATE] [ZIP]

Exampe: 1234 John Doe St, City, State Zip

NOTE: if there is a STREET 2, then this will NOT work as expected

First Formatter > Text > Split (by a comma and a space like this ,[:space:])

You want to return each as a separate fields

That would return 3 fields

Then for the returned data point that has the [STATE] [ZIP] use a Formatter > Text > Split (by a space like this [:space:])

Give that a try.

Sometimes the best way to learn is by testing!

@Troy Tessalone thank you vey much!

I played around and almost got it to work.

As you mentioned, it would have to be a Perfect Match 100% of the time ([STREET], [CITY], [STATE] [ZIP]) which almost is since Monday.com standardizes it.

The problem comes when we have multiple street names which would be separated by “Spaces”. For Example: “North Orange Park Ave.” Then in this case it would not work.

Nevertheless, it was a very helpful insight for me to use in other Zaps, thank you again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@art001 

The problem comes when we have multiple street names which would be separated by “Spaces”. For Example: “North Orange Park Ave.” Then in this case it would not work.

The Formatter logic would work if you split by a comma and space together, not just by a comma and not just by a space.

Like such: ,[:space:]

@Troy Tessalone NICE! Worked like a charm! Thank you very much!