Question

How to filter tasks by tags in Nifty and create a Google Calendar event using Zapier?

• 21 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hi Zapier Community,

I'm reaching out for some guidance on creating an automation that I've been struggling with. My goal is to integrate Nifty with Google Calendar in such a way that every time I create a new task in Nifty with a specific tag (let's say "Important"), it automatically creates an entry in my Google Calendar.

Here's what I've tried so far:

1. I set up a basic Zap with a trigger for "New Task in Nifty," but I couldn't figure out how to filter tasks by tags.
2. I then attempted to use a Formatter by Zapier step to parse the task details, looking for a way to identify tasks with the "Important" tag, but I'm stuck on how to proceed from here.
3. My action step to create a Google Calendar event is ready, but without the ability to filter tasks by the specific tag, it's not very useful as it stands.

I'm reaching out to see if anyone has tackled a similar challenge or has any insights on:
- How to effectively filter tasks by tags in Nifty before triggering the action to create a Google Calendar event.
- Any tips or best practices for setting up the Formatter step to parse task details and identify specific tags.
- Any alternative approach or workaround that might achieve the same outcome.

I appreciate any guidance, shared experiences, or detailed instructions you can provide. I'm relatively new to automating workflows with Zapier, so any advice on making this work would be incredibly helpful!

Thanks in advance for your help and support!

Best,
Rodrigo

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Rodrigo Rojas 

Try adding a Filter as Step 2: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help