Question

How to create a Zap to analyze website content and get a summary from ChatGPT?

• 28 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello to the community.

Is there anyone that know if it is possibile to create a flow that is able to analyse a list of websites (providing URLs) and understand the content and give an output tha recap all the analysis performed?

My goal would be to ask ChatGPT to understand the activity performed by a specific company and print the activity description in a table for the multiple websites/companies.

I used to do this in ChatGPT with Plus account and works fine, but I need to do the iterative process many times.

Does anyone know how I can approach in Zapier?

Thanks a lot,

Marco

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Analyst0110, welcome to the Community! 👋

Zapier Tables has a new feature called AI Fields that you could potentially use for this - Generate content with AI Fields in Zapier Tables

I suspect it wouldn’t be able to visit the urls to get the content needed to produce the activity summary so you might need to set up a Zap that checks for a New Record added to a Zapier Table (would trigger when you first add a new URL to the Zapier table). And you’d use an app like Web Parser to parse the content from the URL. This parsed content is then added to a column on the Zapier table using a Update Record action. 

Then the AI Field in the Zapier table would create the activity description based on the content that is added by the Zap. Do you think that approach could work? 

If I’ve misunderstood what you’re looking to do here or you run into any issues in setting that up just let us know! 🙂

Hi SamB, thank you first.

Very kind.

I am very curious if and how this could work. I am not an expert at all here, but I will try somehow :)

Not sure, but are there simliar templates I can start with or I need to begin from zero? Maybe is quite simple, but not for me :)

Thanks again.

I will let you know if it will work.

Marco

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You are most welcome, @Analyst0110! 😁

We don’t appear to have any Zap templates set up for this exact use case but here’s an outline of the trigger and actions you’d potentially need: 

• Trigger: New Record (Zapier Tables) - triggers when a new URL is added to the table.
  • Action: Parse Webpage (Web Parser by Zapier) - parses the content from the URL (selected from the previous trigger step).
  • Action: Update Record (Zapier Tables) - takes the summary from the previous action step and adds it into the record in Zapier Tables. Then the AI field should automatically create the summary.

One thing to note on the above: In order to update the same record that triggered the Zap in the Record ID field you’d want to choose the Custom tab and then select the “Record ID” field from the trigger step. More on how to do that here: Add custom values to dropdown menu fields in Zaps

Hope that helps,​​​​​​ to get you pointed in the right direction. Please do keep us in the loop on how you get on!