Best answer

How to convert comma-separated values into individual fields?

• 28 July 2021
  • 1 reply

How would I go about creating a Zap that dynamically adds more input fields to an action based on an unknown amount of comma separated values?

What I’m looking to achieve is to convert a comma separated string of values into individual input fields, as follows:

Currently this works with a known amount of comma separated urls and a Formatter module to create a list of items, which I can then add manually.

This however doesn’t work if the initial comma separated url has 30 individual elements instead of just two.

How would I go about creating a Zap that dynamically adds more input fields to the action based on an unknown amount of comma separated values?

icon

Best answer by robschmidt 28 July 2021, 12:47

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @derk 

Here are some things you can try to get this done:

1. You can use Formatter > Split (use comma as separator) to split out all the available file URLs. You need to make sure you are testing with a form entry that has the maximum number of files you think people will submit. Then you can go ahead and manually enter all the fields with the outputs you receive. This way, if there is less files then it will work leaving the rest empty.
  2. One troubling thing I can see is that you are using a constant URL (for drive export URL). In Zapier, fields like this:

Accepts comma separated values. So if you supply something like: URL1, URL2, URL3, it will work as if you entered 3 lines of data (which you are doing in the ss), it works like dynamic value. However, since there is a constant thing in the field, you need to find a way to get the export links in a comma separated value. I believe you can do this using Drive>Get shareable link action.