Best answer

How to collect GoToWebinar recording viewers data?

• 29 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello everyone,

I’m just wondering about a zap that would connect GoToWebinar to a database or CRM software. We are using ActiveCampaign and we managing all the reminders and follow-up emails in it. This way users get a global link to the recording of the actual webinar so if someone clicks to watch the video, GoToWebinar asks for basic information: first name, last name, and email address. The link is shareable so for example if one of the participants wants to send the recording about the webinar to someone who not registered, the recipient can watch the video but only after filling out this basic information. 

And this is the point where we could catch new potentially interested people. After that we can put them into a database or an excel or google sheet, or even into a CRM system. 

If there would be a zap like this in the future that would be great!

Thank you in advance!

TLIT

icon

Best answer by SamB 19 July 2021, 11:12

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @TL_IT 

Check out the available triggers/actions/searches for each app.

ActiveCampaign: https://zapier.com/apps/activecampaign/integrations#triggers-and-actions

GoToWebinar: https://zapier.com/apps/gotowebinar/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Hello Troy,

Thanks for the fast reply. Unfortunately, there is no solution for the scenario I mentioned. Did I miss something?

Best regards,

TLIT

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @TL_IT,

It looks as though they would be considered an attendee after filling out the form but the New Attendee trigger with GoToWebinar doesn’t support recorded webinars so the desired trigger is not currently possible. That said, there feature request to support pre-recorded webinars. I've added your vote to that request to help keep track of the number of interested users. I don’t know exactly when this may become possible but we will notify you via email if it becomes possible in the future! 

In the meantime, if you’re able to get an email notification sent to you from GoToWebinar whenever a new attendee fills out the form to watch the recorded webinar you may be able to trigger a Zap from those email notifications instead.

You can find out more about how to trigger Zaps from emails here:

I hope this helps! :)