Question

How to attach the doc created in a GoogleDoc step to a Gmail step in 2023?

• 7 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Someone else posted this in 2020 and got what looked like a response that worked. I am not able to replicate the same success with the responses she was given

I am creating a zap with three steps:

1. Trigger and capture assessment data 
  2. Create a new Google Doc from a template and write into a Gdrive folder. The Share Preference is set to Anyone With The Link Can Edit.
  3. Send an email with the doc created in the above step as attachment, using GMail.

Steps 1, 2 work perfectly. Doc created in GDrive folder.

What do I put into the Attachments field so that the doc is attached to the email ?

When I select “export links application PDF” I do get an attchment to email, but it a txt file that simply just replicates the exact field and DOES NOT attach the Google Doc I created in the step above. I need to be able to send an email of the  google doc created in the previous step as a PDF to a bunch of people that are not the most computer savvy and will not understand they need to click on a link to access the document. I want to be able to have a pdf so they can print the document immediately as this is a process they are very familiar and comfortable with executing on, Any aid will be greatly appreciated. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Have you tried this `application/pdf` field from the previous step?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @NewHavenBNP 

Good question.

To help us have full context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.