Best answer

How to add watcher to Jira?

• 22 December 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m trying to add a Watcher to a newly created Jira issue (all in the same zap) using the “Add Watcher to Issue” action.

I can successfully Find Jira User and assign someone as the Assignee to the ticket. But trying to add a watcher gives me the error “Unable to add watcher to issue”.

I’ve tried this a few times now and am kind of stuck. I’ve tried

• Issue = Project Key, ID
  • User = Jira user ID, username, the person’s name

No luck. I feel like I’m missing something simple. So weird that I can create a Jira ticket, but then can’t immediately add a watcher.

Any advice?

icon

Best answer by christina.d 8 February 2023, 20:01

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @dstack 

Please post screenshots with how your Zap step is configured, thanks.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone  Here are the Actions I’m taking. My overall actions. I can create the Jira issue and assign a new Assignee from Step 5.

Now I’m trying to add the Watcher to the just-created ticket. I’ve tried various combinations in Step 6 and only get an error when trying to add Watcher.

My overall actions. I *can* create the Jira issue and assign a new Assignee from Step 5
I’ve tried various combinations and only get an error when trying to add Watcher.

We’re having the same issue. Can’t add watchers

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @dstack and @NOTHSDATA 

Please open a ticket with Zapier Support for further troubleshooting: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 1

Done. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @dstack and @NOTHSDATA! :)

I’ve been looking into this and unfortunately you’re both running into a recently discovered bug with the Jira Software Cloud integration. I’ve added you both as affected users to the bug report.

While I don’t have a workaround or ETA on when it will be fixed, we’ll be sure to notify you by email as soon as it is!

I am also having this issue, and have been troubleshooting with Zapier Support, hitting the same dead end.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for your comment, @muralitobenito. I’ve got you added to the list of impacted users! We’ll be sure to send you an email as soon as we know more. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, friends! Very much a belated announcement but this bug has been marked as closed. 🙂

As always, we appreciate your patience as we work through these!

Happy zapping! ⚡️