Question

How do I upload Transloadit images to a specific Google Drive folder?

• 16 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello Community! :)

Just wanted to create my first zap but it doesn‘t really work! 

I use Transloadit to get Assemblies (in form of images) there and want to upload them in my Google drive.

What I imagine what it should do is:

1. Assemblies / Images comes in (Transloadit)
  2. Zapier creates a new folder in my main folder with a date (works!)
  3. Zapier puts the new images in the folder from the 2. step

2 things won‘t work right now: 

1. I don‘t know how to choose the new created folder from the 2. step (I can use my main folder but it wouldn‘t be that good as many pictures will be uploaded)
  2. the output in google drive is not an image, it‘s a txt data with the file name of the picture, is it even possible to do this with images? 

I will put some screenshots to this post, so you can what I tried before! 

Thanks for your help! 

Greets Justus 😁

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Justus1673,

1.  In order to choose the folder that you created in step 2, you need to go to the Custom tab when choosing the file.

1. For your image issue, I am not very familiar with Transloadit.  However, I do see that the field you are using to upload the file is just the name of the file itself.  That’s why you are getting a file with just the text.  

I would recommend looking back at the trigger data and see if the file itself is there.  Here is a help article on that.  https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288813453-Send-files-in-Zaps

Hope this helps!