Question

How do I update or create a Todoist task with the same duration as a Google Calendar meeting?

• 19 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Hey everybody. I looked at these responses - How to update an existing Todoist task when Google Calendar event is updated? but couldn’t find what I’m looking for.

I’d like to be able to update or create my Todoist with the same duration as the Google calendar meeting. When I input a due date, I can only input the start date/time and haven’t figured out a way to add the duration to the Todoist task. Any help would be appreciated!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @t.kuyrkendall 

Good question.

To help us have enough context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

Also, please outline a specific example.

Thanks a lot Troy! 

This is my overall setup 

I have the Formatter in there just in case my meeting duration is formatted wrong. it changes the format from 60.0 to 60.

When I use this Find Task in Todoist setup:

I get this error: 

but when I use this Find Task in Todoist setup 

it creates the task with a due date of September 22 at 1:30 but no duration. My goal is to get the task due date to say September 22 from 1:30 - 2:30pm as seen below using manually input human formatted text in Todoist. 

Thanks a lot!! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@t.kuyrkendall 

Looks like these fields expect a single date.

You may have to explore using the Todoist API: https://developer.todoist.com/rest/v2/#overview