Best answer

How do I update Google Contacts when a customer is updated on Shopify with a new order, address, or phone number?

• 28 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I’m trying to do that and I not able…

I have a zap where new customers in Shopify are created on Google Contacts. I’d like to update google contacts when a customer is updated on shopify, with a new order, a new address, phone… 

1. Trigger: Updated Customer in Shopify
  2. Action: Find Contact in Google Contacts (?) find by email (what happens if this person made an order without email)
  3. Action: Update Contact in Google Contacts. And… that’s all… I don’t know how to continue :(

icon

Best answer by chanelle 31 October 2022, 20:09

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey there @juankibcn

Let’s see if I can help. Like Rob stated, selecting a custom field would be your best bet when it comes to mapping. For your first action we’ll continue with “Find Contact in Google Contacts”, but we’ll search by first and last name. Like you said, what if an email address was not entered. Though, if possible on the back end, requiring an email address would be a good idea to avoid any small derivatives in contact names, i.e. John Parker enters “Johnathon Parker” the first time, and “John Parker” the second when they go and make an update to their information. Anywho, here’s some screenshots of what I mean. 

For your second action, we’ll still keep “Update Contact”, but now we need to map it to our previous step. You can also see the screenshots below for visual guidance. 

Let me know if you give this a try and if you have any outstanding questions! 

Userlevel 1

Thanks, I’ll try to do it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @juankibcn 

1. Q1: If a contact doesn’t have an email address, you can search via name
  2. Q2: In order to update contact, you need to pick a custom object from selection and add the variable for the search action above to that.

Send screenshots of your mappings so that we can better assist you.

Userlevel 1

I’m lost

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @juankibcn!

Were you able to give this a try? Let us know if it did the trick or if you need any more help :)