Question

How do I update a FastField form's lookup list when a new row is added to a Google Sheet?

• 12 February 2024
  • 9 replies

I want to create a zap where when a google sheet is updated with a new row of entry, a lookup list in Fastfield form gets updated with the updated google sheet values.

I don’t know what to insert in File field. I have tried publishing the google sheet and using the web link in file, but it is not working.

Anyone who has been successful creating this? please help.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Sgautam 

Can you show screenshots of all the fields to configure in Step 2 of the Zap?

We need to be able to see the field descriptions.

Hi Troy, thank you for responding back. Please see the attached:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Sgautam 

Try using the GSheet export format that is the CSV of the first GSheet tab.

Make sure the first row is headers.

@Sgautam

Try using the GSheet export format that is the CSV of the first GSheet tab.

Make sure the first row is headers.

Would you mind explaining how can I do that? I looked into it, but could not figured it out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Sgautam 

Try this…

Thank you. I did as suggested, but the error still persists at ‘Test Step’. See attached photos for reference. Gsheet csv link that is used.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Sgautam

Try adjusting the File sharing preferences to be publicly accessible.

It is publicly accessible. I have even granted editor access to try it, but the error is still there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Sgautam 

Options:

• You can try hydrating the file:

• You can try reaching out to FastField Support for help with their Zap app integration.
  • You can try opening a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help