Question

How do I trigger Android phone alarms from Google Calendar "Alarms" with Zapier?

• 17 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello, i am very new to zapier. I am an android user. 

I was wondering if any of you knew if it would be possible to create a calendar on my Google calendar called "Alarms"

and have it so that when those events are reached that zapier can send something that will trigger an alarm on my Phone.

The question is mostly, is there an alarm app on android that zapier can interact with. And can i connect Google calendar events to it. 

Thank you for your time

-Sebastian 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @SebastianGuitar,

I did some digging into this, and seems like I couldn’t find any android alarm apps in the apps page of Zapier.

However, you can probably do a different route by sending yourself a text message reminding you that you’d need to set an alarm for the Google Calendar event.

Here’s how the Zap would look like:

1. Trigger: Google Calendar - New Event
  2. Action: SMS by Zapier - Send SMS

You can check out suggested workflows for Google Calendar and SMS by Zapier from our website: https://zapier.com/apps/sms/integrations/google-calendar

Hopefully, this helps!

Thank you very much for the time spent looking into this! :)

I dont really have any issue remmembering to set an alarm, it would just be nice to have it be one step (just making the calendar event) Instead of also having to create the alarm on my phone. So that when i also changed my calendar event, my alarm would automaticly change.

Maybe another option could be to automate someone or something to call my phone, when an event starts. And i could set that phone number to a specific ringtone so i knew it was an alarm. I dont know if that is possible with zapier though, but it would be the next best option if there does not exist any alarm apps that sync with zapier.

Thanks agian very much appereciated :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @SebastianGuitar,

Thanks for the update here.

The other option you mentioned is possible. However I believe there is no way to change the ringtone via a Zap. Maybe you can do that through your phone itself.

You can explore our supported Phone & SMS apps here: https://zapier.com/apps/categories/phone

Hope, this points you to the right direction!