Question

How do I transfer Moco Time Booking to ClickUp

• 18 April 2024
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

We are trying to transfer time bookings made in MOCO to specific ClickUp tasks. Everything is working fine so far, but the booking in ClickUp is always assigned to the user who created the ClickUp connection in Zapier (although the user is Workspace Owner).

When setting the configuration for transferring the booking to ClickUp, adding an assignee is mandatory - however it appears that the booking is not assigned to this user in ClickUp.

Is there a way to correctly assign time bookings in ClickUp via Zapier to a specific user? Any Ideas how to solve this?

Thx for your help!

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @a.turek,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Also, please share a screenshot of the “Action” section of the action steps that shows all of its fields. Like so:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hi ken.a, 

thanks for your reply!

Here’s the config of our Zap

How can we adjust configuration so that the tracked time get’s booked with correct ClickUp User?
Thank you for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks for the screenshots @a.turek

Based on your screenshot, it looks like the setup is correct. Have you tried publishing the Zap to see if it’ll run correctly?

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!

Userlevel 1

Hi ken.a, 

thank you for your reply!
Yes, we did publish the Zap but still - time booking in ClickUp is assigned to the user who connected the account in Zap (with Ownership rights). However, it’s not assigned to the user who triggered the booking… :(

seems like the assignee setting is not taken into account...

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @a.turek,

Thanks for giving that a try.

Does the trigger returns the name of the assignee? If so, I believe you might need to add a Lookup Table step for the assignee from the trigger to match the assignee in the “Time Tracked” action since the “Assignee” field looks for the Assignee ID.

You can learn more about the Lookup Table here: 

Hopefully, this helps!

Userlevel 1

Hi @ken.a

well, that was also my thinking.but as you can see in the screenshot, we configued it in a way that assignee ID is passed to “Assignee” field. So, I’m afraid that’s not the issue here. 
I also tested a little bit and it seems like the Assignee field is not considered at all bc no matter what assignee ID we add into the parameter field - it has no consequences. The time booking is always linked to the person whos account is linked with  ClickUp in Account section… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @a.turek,

The issue here sounds like a bug. I’d recommend reaching out to our Support Team for them to investigate further since they have the correct tools to look closer at the Zap and its logs.

You can reach our Support Team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Userlevel 1

Hi @ken.a

okay, I’ll contact Support Team :)
Thank you so much for your help! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Please do keep us updated on how you get on with the Support team @a.turek.

And if there’s anything else we can help with in the meantime just let us know - keen to ensure you’re all set! 🙂