Question

How do I transcribe and summarize YouTube videos with ChatGPT?

• 29 September 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I’m looking to transcribe the contents of a new video posted to a Youtube channel and then summerise the content using ChatGPT.

ChatGPT doesn’t seem to like receiving Youtube URLs (correct me if I’m wrong) and doing this straight off.

I’ve therefore explored using Temi, but that generates a txt file that again GPT doesn’t like. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tim B

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Tim Burnett 

Good question.

The YouTube URL is usually a link to a webpage that has a video embedded along with other elements.

File fields in Zaps expect a file object or a file URL that is a public direct download link.

Userlevel 1

Thanks, I’ve tried using the Transcription option in ChatGPT which says it supports files, but it doesn’t like the txt file generated from Temi.

Thoughts are most welcome.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Tim Burnett 

We would need to see screenshots examples with how your Zap steps are configured to have context.

Can you provide a link to the file that you are trying to use so we can determine if it is in fact a public direct download link to a file vs a link to a YouTube video page.

Userlevel 1

I am looking for a solution to the same problem. It would be perfect to have any solution directly between ChatGPT and Zapier. For example in using ChatGPTs plugins through Zapier. Goal would be:

YT Video added to YT playlist → ChatGPT summarizes it + some other promopt → Summary comes via WhatsApp and E-Mail

@Troy Tessalone Do you know how this can be handled?

Userlevel 1

Hi! 

I’ve was having the same problem and ended up using Stack AI.
They have a youtube tutorial on how to do exactly that here: 

And you can connect the output to Zapier as well!

Hope it helps.

Userlevel 1

Hi! 

I’ve was having the same problem and ended up using Stack AI.
They have a youtube tutorial on how to do exactly that here: 

And you can connect the output to Zapier as well!

Hope it helps.

That would be another tool to use… I guess there is no way with Zapier and ChatGPT/OpenAI only?

Userlevel 1

I just tried the combi Zapier + Traw. It summarizes yt videos quite well. However my problem is that I need the full yt video transcript in order to work with my ChatGPT prompts.