Question

How do I set up a Zap to receive a notification for 3 Gmail messages in last 30 seconds?

• 12 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello my friends, I want to monitor Gmail messages in the last 30 seconds. If I receive 3 messages in the last 30 seconds, I want to receive a notification.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Is there someone who can help?

????????????

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @mado,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

You’re probably going to need to create 2 Zaps for this to be possible and the use of Storage by Zapier.

We have a help article that might be helpful for you: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496197365389-Storage-examples-in-Zaps#example-use-counting-triggers-0-0

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Hi there @mado,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

You’re probably going to need to create 2 Zaps for this to be possible and the use of Storage by Zapier.

We have a help article that might be helpful for you: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496197365389-Storage-examples-in-Zaps#example-use-counting-triggers-0-0

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Honestly, I'm new here, so I don't know what I should do, so can you explain with pictures how I will use 2 zap and what commands I will use?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @mado,

I apologize for the delay here.

I found a similar workflow where an expert suggested recording the data in an app like Google Sheets or Airtable. You can read more here:

Which sounds like your best option. I’d reckon it would be easier to do in Airtable since you could maybe have a field that has a formula to calculate the time difference (in seconds) between previous 2 records and the current record that. Then you could set up another view that only shows records where the previous two messages were within 30 seconds. Then you’d have another Zap that triggers when a new record enters that view and sends them a notification.

If you went the Google Sheets route you’d need to have the formula running in a different worksheet so they'd need to use a IMPORTRANGE formula in Google Sheets to import the rows added by the Zap into a different worksheet.

Just a little bit of question here, why do you need to be notified for 3 emails within the last 30 seconds? Maybe there’s a simpler alternative for what you’re trying to achieve.