Question

How do I set up a Zap to create a new CRM element when Google Sheets row is updated with new data?

• 7 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello!
Trying to create a google sheets CRM Link. what we need is: Everytime a row is updated with new data and trigger column is yes, i want zapier to create a new element in my crm. 

Element creation is going well, but zapier won’t insert data from row 2, even though row 2 has new data and the trigger was set
Row 2 before a b c d trigger: yes → inserted and trigger erased after insert
Row 2 after e f g h trigger : yes → zapier: we imported this 22 hours ago

I tried using a row i havent used before and data i hadnt used before.
still does the same thing.
Any advice?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @QsforZap 

For us to have full context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured.

Show screenshots with the top 5 rows of your GSheet.

There are a fair amount of limitations to be aware of when using GSheets in Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/google-sheets/help

I’d recommend using Airtable instead of GSheets.

Hello!
Attached you will find a zapier screenshot and the one of my google sheet.

The same data was in row 2 before being moved to row 9.

Attempt 1: in row 2 was different data that was imported successfully.
Attempt 2:
After changing the data and trying to relaunch it in row 2 it did not work.
That is why I attempted moving it to row 9. Didn’t work either way.

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@QsforZap 

It looks like your header is in row 4.

Help: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496276985101-Work-with-Google-Sheets-in-Zaps

Hello.
Thank you for clarifying. I believe my error was due to change before the zap was turned off.
I did adjustments to row 2 twice before moving the data to row 9.

Is there anyway to turn off Zapier remotely on google sheets or will I have to enter the platform each time to turn it off and back on?

The idea was to create an import sheet that didnt have 1000 rows but rather 5 at a time that could be imported in a batch once the trigger column was activated.

As per the link you mentioned, after importing, I would have to go to Zapier, turn the zap off, then delete and edit info on the sheet and then click the zap back on? anyway to automate this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@QsforZap 

Zaps are managed in Zapier.