Question

How do I set up a Zap to automatically sync and update client profile data from Notion to Mailchimp?

Userlevel 1

Hi there, 

I want to use Zapier to connect my Notion to Mailchimp 

We have build an extensive profile client data base in Notion that we want to send to Mailchimp to SEGMENT to send out the right content 

So we have a lot of fields that are updated on a day to day basis 

We need our Zapier to: 

• Push the current existing client profiles from Notion into Mailchimp 
  • Then any new profiles auto pushes from Notion to Mailchimp 
  • But we also need to include the fields and information from Notion to Mailchimp. Example: Position level, country, company, lifecycle stage. There are around 28 fields 
  • This needs to be zapped each time an update is done on the Notion profiles 

Can you please help guide me how this can be achieved?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @MNG2311 

Good question.

Have you reviewed the available Zap triggers/actions for each app?

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much Troy! For what I need, my understanding is that I would be more closely looking at the Notion triggers correct? I am still a bit confused with Zapier and just need to know were to put what things. 

The fields come from Notion and any updates on those fields or new profiles needs pushed into Mailchimp. 

Would it be correct to say the set up of the Triggers need to ne Notion Triggers?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MNG2311 

Notion has these available triggers:

Mailchimp has these available actions:

Userlevel 1

But not these ones?

Because I just created a Zap for Create Base Item in Notion but not sure if I did it ok 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MNG2311 

If you want to send data FROM Notion TO Mailchimp, then you will use Notion Zap triggers and Mailchimp Zap actions.

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much. This is really helpful. But it is pushing emails that we did not ask it to (example if a different lifecycle stage than we want) how do I fix this? Here is the basis. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MNG2311 

Add a Filter step: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

Userlevel 1

This is amazing thank you. I was able to do it. 

Is there a was I can add filter in the TRANSFER section?

I need to transfer the data now… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MNG2311 

Currently, Transfers are only 2 steps.

I believe you would have to individually select the desired records to transfer.

Userlevel 1

Just letting you know I am having a great time! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s great news @MNG2311! Big thanks to Troy for pointing you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗