Best answer

How do I set up a trigger for new thread replies in a specific private or public channel in Slack?

• 13 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I would like to set up a trigger anytime when we have a new thread reply in a specific private or public channel.

Zapier doesn’t seem to see anything in the thread.

Can someone help me with this please?

icon

Best answer by ken.a 14 February 2024, 10:23

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Peter12 

Related Zapier Community topics may provide guidance: https://community.zapier.com/search?q=Trigger%20on%20new%20Slack%20threaded%20message&content_type%5B0%5D=question&content_type%5B1%5D=article&content_type%5B2%5D=discussion&source%5B0%5D=community

Hi @Troy Tessalone

Thank you. I checked that, but I still don’t get the message from the thread as a trigger.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Peter12,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I did some digging into this, and it looks like Slack isn’t pulling in message threads anymore. We have a feature request open for a New Thread trigger, so I’ve added you to the list of interested users. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Hopefully, this helps!