Best answer

How do I set up a Microsoft Teams trigger to auto-reply to everyone who messages me?

• 10 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi Im trying to add a trigger “New Chat Message in Microsoft Teams”. 

What is the *Chat required field for if I want it to auto reply a template message to everyone that messages me? So far the drop down selection only shows one to one chats.

icon

Best answer by SamB 15 August 2023, 16:52

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Jonathan Loh 

Good question.

Check the dropdown list of options to help get context about what field values.

So far its only one to one chat for the drop down list of options. Is there any command for all chat messages that I receive?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there, @Jonathan Loh! 👋

It appears you’re not the first to ask about this, as it’s been discussed before in the Community here:

There’s an existing feature request for the ability to have the New Chat Message trigger for new messages across all chats so I’ve added your vote to that. I can’t make any promises around when it would be implemented by but adding your vote does help to increase it’s priority.​​​​ And allows us to notify you by email as soon as it’s added. I don’t have any workarounds to suggest at the minute but if we come across any we’l be sure to share them in the main topic for this feature request so you may want to subscribe to that topic to stay informed!

I’m going to close out this topic now since we’ve already got one topic in Community that’s tracking interest in this feature request. For anyone that comes across this and wants their vote added as well please reach out to us on the main topic  and we’ll be happy to add it. 🙂