Best answer

How do I send information from a Google Sheet and schedule it to trigger a Twilio flow?

• 29 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi all,

I am trying to automate (once a day) the running of a Twilio flow. The main thing I need Schedule to do is trigger a Twilio flow, sending information from a Google Sheet (Phone Number to send text to, text message text). The way it currently works is:

1. In Google Sheets I have Sheet1 which includes the columns: “Phone Number” and “Text Message Text”.
  2. In Google Sheets, I also have an AppsScript that (when I click manually) will send the data to trigger a Twilio flow that sends a text to each “Phone Number” in the column their custom “Text Message Text”.
  3. When the user respond to the text, I have custom code triggered in the Twilio flow that stores the output text in the same google sheet in the “Sheet2”

I can’t figure out how to make the scheduling part work in Zapier. I see how to connect Google Sheets + Twilio, and Schedule + Twilio, but I can’t figure out how to use Schedule to trigger sending info from a Google Sheet and kickstarting a Twilio flow. Any thoughts on how I could approach this? Or if there is a different set of tools I should think about using?

Thank you!

Kimberly

icon

Best answer by robschmidt 30 May 2022, 04:06

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @KimberlyMcM 

This is how the zap will look like: 

1. Trigger: You can schedule it once every day
  2. Action: Find the spreadsheet row that should be used to send SMS
  3. Action: You cant directly start a flow but can send an SMS or make a call. In order to start a flow, instead of twilio app you need to use webhook by zapier and make custom API call