Best answer

How do I rearrange actions or steps in a Zap?

• 10 November 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I am new to Zap and I have created  8 steps or actions in zap flow. However, I was unable to find a way to re-arrange steps. For example, I have 8 steps (actions) but I would like to move step 4 to be step 2. How can I move steps or sequence? Is there an way to do it?

icon

Best answer by SamB 19 May 2023, 15:53

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @M. Show 

Zap steps can’t be moved.

You’ll have to add and recreate the desired the step between the existing steps.

This is because the mapped variables would have to be remapped if you moved a Zap step.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @M. Show, welcome to the Community!

We don’t have a way to rearrange the steps of a Zap at present, unfortunately. We do have a feature request open for the ability to drag and drop steps in a Zap to rearrange them, so I’ve added your vote to that. I don’t have a ETA on when that functionality will be available but we’ll be sure to email you as soon as it is. 

In the meantime, as Troy mentioned, you would need to add a new step where you want it to be positioned and then recreate it’s set up. Before making changes to the Zap, I’d recommend making a copy of the Zap for reference so that you can see it’s previous set up. :)

Userlevel 1

Thanks team for your prompt response.

Holy crap. I just found out that you cannot reorder the steps in a zap. For all the other alternative automation programs out there, why is one of the original companies still lagging? That is so sad. This feature should be added, also considering the pricetag of this platform.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @igould 

Best to share feedback and feature requests with Zapier Support by submitting a ticket to be logged: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @agould! Thanks for reaching out and sharing your feedback. I went ahead and merged your question with the original topic - hopefully there’s some useful information here!

I’ve also gone ahead and added your vote to this feature request! We’ll be sure to keep you and this topic in the loop if and when it gets implemented.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi friends! 👋

Just wanted to share a (belated!) update to confirm that it’s now possible to drag and drop steps within a Zap: 

Happy Zapping! ⚡