Best answer

How do I populate a Google Sheet with email URLs and business names when a specific email is received in Gmail?

• 12 April 2023
  • 9 replies

I have 3 sections to my automation:

Gmail (new email search)

Filter (Custom business name)

google sheet (auto fills in email URL)

My question is how do I get the Filter (business name) to be in the google sheet along with the email URL?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 12 April 2023, 18:58

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @kylemogli 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to give us full context, thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@kylemogli 

If you wanted to know which passed the filter then you have 2 options:

OPTION 1

2 Zaps

1 Zap for each Company, set in the Filter step.

Then you can hardcode the desired company value in to the GSheet step for the desired column

OPTION 2

Paths

1 Path per Company

Each Path has a Filter step

NOTE: Paths require the Zapier Professional plan or higher

Then you can hardcode the desired company value in to the GSheet step for the desired column

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@kylemogli 

You will have to set a static value here since the desired right side filter parameter value is not an available data point using one of the Zap design approaches previously shared.

OPTION 1

2 Zaps

1 Zap for each Company, set in the Filter step.

Then you can hardcode the desired company as a static value in to the GSheet step for the desired column

OPTION 2

Paths

1 Path per Company

Each Path has a Filter step

NOTE: Paths require the Zapier Professional plan or higher

Then you can hardcode the desired company as a static value in to the GSheet step for the desired column

thanks for the reply. here is the overview of the 3 steps

in the first step/action all new email that come in  

with the words chatgpt text in

in the 2nd action/filter I only want the companies called AI news and Nomad life to only be used

This is the final steps that automatically fills in my google sheet. Am I going about my steps the best way?

Thanks for the advice @Troy Tessalone 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @kylemogli 

You’re welcome! Great to hear that Troy was able to help you!