Best answer

How do I only trigger on Notion records where a checkbox is set to “true”?

• 21 July 2022
  • 4 replies

Hey all, 

is there any way to create a flow where only the events with a “true” checkbox from my attached Notion Database are added to my Outlook calendar?

I tried many ways but unfortunately I haven't found a way yet to make that possible, therefore I would appreciate your help very much!

Best wishes,

Tim

icon

Best answer by christina.d 25 August 2022, 19:12

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hey @Hibracadabra!

Not sure if you've tried a Filter step yet, but if Notion brings that checkbox among the information it gets from Notion, you can use a boolean (true/false) filter to check that field and only let the Zap continue when it's true. The filter step needs to come right after the trigger!

Here's some information about Filter by Zapier: https://zapier.com/help/create/customize/add-conditions-to-zaps-with-filters

If you've already tried filters, let us know what went wrong - did it not pick up the right items from Notion? Or share what else you've tried, and we can try to figure this out. :) 

Hey @LauraP,

thanks you very much for your fast answer and your offered help!

I think I have to wait for the Notion update in order to be able to use Updated items as a trigger option. I tried to create a flow with a filter as you can see in the attachment but unfortunately the flow works just for one single event. My plan was to just click on the “Covered” checkbox in any event possible and it should be transferred to my Outlook calendar but unfortunately it just works for the event that I have chosen as my Action event.

Therefore it could be great if you can also add me to that list, which is going to be reminded as soon as the update with the new Trigger option for Notion is published :)

Have a nice day!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Sure thing, @Hibracadabra! I've added you to that feature request. 

Definitely, if you'd like to use this with existing items in your database, I think a future "Updated item" trigger is the thing you need. Right now, it would only pick up new items with that checkbox marked!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Sure thing, @Hibracadabra! I've added you to that feature request. 

Definitely, if you'd like to use this with existing items in your database, I think a future "Updated item" trigger is the thing you need. Right now, it would only pick up new items with that checkbox marked!

Hi friends! I wanted to swing by and mention if you’re looking for any updates in the Community about this feature request you can find them here:

We’ll update that thread if and when this gets implemented. 🤗

Thanks ya’ll!