Question

How do I migrate multiple subscriber lists with different payment methods to a new platform using Zapier?

• 13 April 2024
  • 1 reply

I currently have a website on Kajabi with a product in membership format. My product includes several different offers (some bought it at one price and others at another price). I have about fifteen offers with different prices. I'll spare you the why but, I'm changing my name and Kajabi. I therefore have to migrate the 1000 people (under different offers) who have a subscription to my product (either with stripe or paypal) to a new stripe or a new paypal. Is it possible to create automation with Zapier to avoid them all having to re-register? This would include, a new website, a new stripe and a new PayPal. I would like to be able to export each list. Example, those who have the subscription at $15 per month, I exported it to the new platform and made them a grant offer but created a zapier which says that those who have such a grant offered, must transfer their stripe subscription or paypal on the new stripe or paypal. Is it possible ? Hope I'm clear :P

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @Karine! 😁

There aren’t any actions available for the PayPal or Stripe apps on Zapier to allow you to transfer an existing subscription. So I’d recommend reaching out to our Support team to request to ask that a feature request be added to both those apps to add that functionality.

That said, I expect as you’re setting up new Stripe and Paypal accounts under a different business name you’re not going to be able to link or transfer them from your old new Stripe and PayPal accounts. It may be worth reaching out to Stripe and PayPal directly though to confirm this as they’ll have more insight as to what’s possible on their end. 

As an alternative, I wonder if it might be better to keep the existing PayPal and Stripe accounts associated with those subscriptions and just update the name of your business in PayPal and in Stripe on them, rather than creating new PayPal and Stripe accounts? I’m thinking that way you wouldn’t need to transfer the subscriptions over at all.

Do you think that approach could work? Looking forward to hearing from you!