Best answer

How do I get shareable link to a folder from a shared Google Drive?

• 31 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello,

Is it possible to get shareable link to a folder from shared Google Drive. It easy to get a link to folder when I try to use my “own” normal Google Drive, but it doesn't work for shared (company) Google Drive.

Is any solution available for that? 

Thank you

icon

Best answer by jesse 31 January 2023, 17:46

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Hi @jesse ,

thank you for your reply!

Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like Zapier team care too much about that problem, since the tread you linked was created 2 years ago :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @much1978 sorry for the trouble here! You’re correct in that we don’t have support for files in shared folders at this time. We have an open feature request for this, which I’ve just added you to. Additionally, we have a main thread for this request here: 

If we have any updates on this, that’s where we’ll be sharing them. Sorry for the bummer news here but I’m hoping this is something we’ll be able to support in the short term!

Hey @Troy Tessalone ,

Thank you for your reply. GDrive - Add File Sharing Preference - that is exactly what I tried for, and unfortunately it doesn't work for shared drives.

Maybe in case of shared drive, it would be possible to get the link using API. 

Thanks again 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @much1978 

Good question.

You may need to be the owner of the Shared Drive in order for the following Zap action to work.

Try using this Zap action: GDrive - Add File Sharing Preference