Best answer

How do I get a Squarespace form data to show during set up and not demo data?

• 10 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

how do I get Squarespace form data to show a real submission during set up and testing, I need it to parse data to the next step, but all I see is test data.

I need the real data from a submission so I can validate it before next step in my branch. Everytime thought I run the test on the form submission it only serves up the dummy test data which is nothing like my real data.

WTF? how on earth do you do this?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 10 February 2023, 13:02

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Duffdaddy 

Good question.

Help article about throttling: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496181445261-Rate-limits-and-throttling-in-Zapier#flood-protection-and-held-items-0-2

One alternative to consider would be to have the SS Form log entries to GSheets, then trigger the Zap from a new row in the GSheet. (Help article)

Userlevel 1

Thanks a heap, but oh lordy, that’s going to be painful for the amount of recipients and data I have.

I swapped to using email parser instead and that was working great, but now… Zapier has throttled those Zaps even though I have a Pro account.

Far out. Now what? I have large campaign launching Monday and this forms the guts of it. Eeeek.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Duffdaddy!

That’s a really frustrating situation, I’m sorry. We do have an open feature request to pull real sample data when testing the Squarespace trigger and I’ve added you as an interested user on that feature request. This let’s the Squarespace team know how many users are asking for that addition and means that we’ll send you an email when we have an update. 

In the meantime, there is a workaround for this though it is a little fiddly. This article explains how to manually map fields that aren’t in sample data. Have a read through that and give it a go and please let us know if you need some help with it!

Thanks!