Question

How do I format multi-select checkbox fields from Submittable to Salesforce using Zapier?

• 25 October 2023
  • 1 reply

I have a basic Zap that takes a submission from Submittable and upserts a Contact record in Salesforce. The issue I’m running into is that the Submittable form has multi-select checkbox fields that need to be re-formatted into single checkbox fields in Salesforce. For example, a submission could have Question 1, with A,B,C,D all checked in a multi-select response, but that needs to translate into boolean checkboxes on field A, field B, field C, and field D on the Salesforce record. 

I think I could do this by formatting one field at a time, but there are upwards of 20 fields that need to be formatted, so that feels inefficient. Is there a way to do this with tables or line items? I’m not entirely sure I understand how the data would translate.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @zgoldberg 

Good question.

This can be done with 1 Code step to create custom variables for use in following Zap action steps.

Guidance: