Question

How do I copy the "shareable” link and attach it to Monday.com

• 12 February 2024
  • 10 replies

I create a folder in OneDrive with Zapier, and then I want to copy link to it and insert to Monday.com. Not really sure why that doesn't work. Something to do with permissions to the files? How do I copy the "shareable” link and attach it to Monday.com

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Expozhuk 

For us to have full context, we would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured.

@Troy Tessalone thank you, here is it

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Expozhuk 

In the Monday Zap step, the Item ID expects the ID of the Monday Item to update rather than a URL from OneDrive.

You may need to add another Zap step to first find the Monday Item ID. (unclear since the screenshot only shows steps 7-9)

Help article about sending files in Zaps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/send-files-in-zaps

@Troy Tessalone 
So I have 7 - where we create folder.
8 - where we find it, for the link I guess
9- to upload it. I changed ID that I want to update and the file as URL, here is how it looks and error that I get. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Expozhuk 

The Item ID likely expects the numerical ID of the Item from Monday.

@Troy Tessalone  Thank you, I found a way how to add link, it was on the Monday side issue. 

But, I still have a problem, the link I get is private (only for the owner), is there a way how to make it “access to everyone with this link”? Since we are gonna send it to our clients and it's not possible to give them access beforehand. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Expozhuk 

Check the setting in the Create Folder step.

@Troy Tessalone where can I find this setting and what should be changed?
Not really sure about the difference between Folder and Shared Folder. 

Found it, here how this setting look, we create a “Render” folder inside the “R Test”folder ( we created that one, one step before, since we need them both) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Expozhuk 

You may have to explore using the OneDrive API to change Folder permissions.