Question

How do I combine AI Chatbot and Form Fields to send data to a Zap?

• 24 July 2023
  • 7 replies

I'm testing the new Interfaces AI feature for some weeks now. I have success with a limited answering AI, what can tell 2-3 easy to understand computer troubleshooting ideas for my Customer's PC problems, and if it cant solve the pronlem, offers my location services.

As I already use Forms for Call Me Back data collection, I would like to combine AI and Customer data collection.

The problem is that I can not send data to a Zap from the AI chat + Form fields in the same time.

Scenario A:

Page 1: a Form with Name, Mobile, Email fields, on submit it can pasa data to Page2.

Page2: Customized AI Chatbot. I can use .arkdoen to access Page1 Form fields to display: Hello Name!

I can put an action to AI to start a Zap with AI chat text, but can not pass Page1 Forms Field data to Zap to make a record in my CRM with Name, Mobile, Email and AI Chat text.

Scenario B

Page 1: Custom Ai Chatbot.

Under the Chatbot: a From with Name, Mobile and Email input.

If I use AI button to start a Zap, can not pass Form data to Zap.

If I use Form Action to stat a Zap, can not pass AI chat text to Zap to make a record in my CRM with Name, Mobile, Email and AI chatbot text.

How can I solve this?

I like you AI solution and want to go live in my site, and subscibe to paid plan to have custom branding, but cant do it till I can not pass all the requies data to my CRM.

Thanks for any idea!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @EpoxHUN, welcome to the Community! 👋

I wonder if you could get around this by adding an additional action to Page 1 to also run a Zap when the user submits a form:

aaa8f027ed88c0592b08a02116961b61.png

Then in the Zap that it runs you would add an action that adds the details to your CRM. That way the user would be redirected to the Chatbot page and the form details would also be sent to your CRM.

Do you think that approach could work?

Thanks for your kind reply SamB!

I understand your recommendation, but my goal would be to attach Chat text to that Customer record.

It should work if in the first step I just add the Customer, but is there a way in Page 2 with Chatbot to not just display the passed Form data from Page 1, but also use at least Mobile or Email as a key to send Chat text connected to my new Customer?

I also thinking about the thing that if I place a similar form in Page 2, Interfaces autofills Form data from the prev Page1 (probably because it is stored in Tables too). But I cant find a way to send all this 2 Block’s data at the same time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Ah, I see! Sorry for misunderstanding that, @EpoxHUN.

Hmm, in that case it may be worth reaching out to the Interfaces team here to put in a feature request for the ability to pass form data across to a chatbot component. It’s not an immediate solution I know, but would definitely put it on their radar for potential implementation! 🙂

Hey SamB, thanks for your feedback.

I've submitted a request but did not found fileds to enter detailed information or link this thread for clarification. 😞 

Are you avle to link it, or copy infó to that request?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry for the delay in responding here @EpoxHUN

Ah, the detailed information would need to be added into the Comments field when submitting the request to the Interfaces team. I’m not able to edit the information you submitted on the request previously.

That said, it looks like the Interfaces team already got back to you and you’ve sent them some further details regarding the feature request. So looks like you might be all set on that front? 

Yepp, they told, than im not the only customer who ask for this kind of funkcionális, and it in the list of possuble new functions. Can t wait to have ít!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Ah yes, I imagine there’s a quite a lot of folks that would want this sort of functionality added too, @EpoxHUN! We can’t give any kind of ETA on when it might be added but we’ll definitely notify you by email if/when it gets added.

Until then, happy Zapping! 🙂⚡