Question

How do I avoid double-sending email campaigns when using Zapier to connect HubSpot and Mailchimp?

• 15 September 2023
  • 3 replies

I want to create a zap wherein the trigger is new form submission from hubspot and the action is send an email campaign in mailchimp. I have setup an automation email campaign in mailchimp, when I select this campaign will this not double send? coz there is a automation campaign setup in mailchimp with an audience that will send when they are sent an email. Will this double send when i create a zap with the trigger new form submission in hubspot and send a campaign in mailchimp?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Poncho elearning,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

The “Send Campaign” action in Mailchimp will send an email to everyone signed up to the Campaign.

4db89a6475d9eb3735737e41182ecd49.png
(view larger)

You will need to use the “Add Subscriber to Tag” to send a campaign to individual person who filled out your HubSpot form. Please note that the “Add Subscriber to Tag” only works for existing subscribers you will need to add the “Add/Update Subscriber” first on your Zap setup.

The Zap setup will look like this:

1. Trigger: HubSpot - New Form Submission
  2. Action: Mailchimp - Add/Update Subscriber
  3. Action: Mailchimp - Add Subscriber to Tag

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Hi Thank you for the information. What i was planning is a trigger in hubspot new form submission and a send campaign (wherein i will select the automation email or customer journey campaign in hubspot). If this will be existing also in hubspot as a customer journey or automation email, will this double send in hubspot and will it also send in mailchimp since both campaigns are active?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Poncho elearning,

There could be a possibility that the automation email to double send if both automations are active and targeting the same audience. I’d recommend testing things out first with test data and see if it’ll double send the automations.