Skip to main content

Hi community,

I wanted to build a Zap wich sends a message in our slack channel, whenever there is a change in the worksheet. Unfortunately it doesn’t work automatically. If theres a change i have to “run” the Zap. After i ran it, it works perfektly and sends the message to the slack channel.

So how can i automate it?

Looking forward to you’re knowledge and answers :)

greetings
Lorenz

Hi @Conseo 

Good question.

The Google Sheets trigger is marked "instant" but it still takes a few minutes to trigger

The triggers for Google Sheets are unique among Zapier triggers. When there is a trigger event in the spreadsheet, Zapier gets a notification webhook from Google about this. After that, Zapier sends Google Sheets a request for new data, so it uses both the polling and instant trigger methods. This process takes about 3 minutes overall.

While not being "instant", these triggers are faster than regular polling ones, as they don't depend on the polling interval of the plan your account uses.

Hi thanks for your quick response! The article about polling and instant trigger made it clear for me. I didn’t wait enough to get the trigger refreshed, 😃 but now it works perfectly. (I love it when problems get solved by themselves.) Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

Greetings