Question

How do I automate re-check fields and send reminders for unresponsive references in Beacon CRM?

• 8 November 2023
  • 3 replies

I’m new to Zapier and just wondering if it is possible to make it do what I want! 

I am using Beacon CRM to manage recruitment of a large team of volunteers. Part of this involves collecting references for applicants. I’ve set up a Zap to automate this via Outlook and it works exactly the way I needed. 

My problem is that if the referee doesn’t respond to the email within 1 month I want to send a reminder email to chase them. I can see how to set up a delay and an ‘only continue if’ to filter out those who have responded. But I assume that Zapier does not refresh the relevant fields to check whether they have changed since the initial trigger. 

So, is there a way to get Zapier to re-check the relevant field (which will be true/false) and see if it has changed since the trigger? I don’t want to accidentally chase everyone who has already responded!  

Let me know if you need more information, and thanks in advance for your help! 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Troberts 

Good question.

You would need to add a step after the Delay to get the record data again so you have fresh record data to use.

You’d be better served by logging your data in an Airtable to act as an operation data hub.

Airtable has Views, which are segments of data. (sort, filter, etc.)

Views can be used to trigger Automations/Zaps.

The concept would be to create View with Filter conditions that detect when a record has a certain status and a timestamp is X days ago.

Thanks for the answer Troy - I’m not in a position to move to airtable at the moment so doesn’t solve my current situation. I will build a separate Zap that I can trigger from Beacon to chase up references - I can set a filter to show everyone who was contacted more than 30 days ago and still has not replied, then mark them to chase up which will trigger the Zap. I was hoping for something completely automated but this is not too bad.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That sounds like a good approach, @Troberts! 🙌

Keen to ensure you’re all set so please keep us updated on how you get on with this. Happy to help if you get stuck at all. 🙂