Question

How do I automate getting the gate to open without me having to press 9?

• 11 August 2023
  • 1 reply

On our community's entrance gate pad (Doorking DKS), the guest types in 484 then presses CALL. The gate's number (561-361-8674) then dials my cell number (561-268-1349), which I answer. Then I press 9 to open the gate (Chamberlain ELITE Access Systems) for the guest. How do I automate getting the gate to open without me having to press 9?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @nickster,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

It looks like you’ve reached out to our Support Team about this on Wednesday they replied with a suggestion. I’ll share details of the suggestion here in case it’s helpful:

I did some digging, and am not seeing there's away through Zapier to create an auto-responder to a phone call that responds by entering a number.

That said, I did some digging through our Community forum, and found a thread with a user asking a very similar question to yours, and there was a response pointing to a feature in Twilio that can do something similar: 
https://community.zapier.com/how-do-i-3/auto-answer-and-dial-9-when-a-certain-number-is-dialed-19289

I hope that helps get you pointed in the right direction to get that workflow you're looking for, and let us know if you have any other questions.

If you’ve got any questions regarding their suggestion it would be best to continue the conversation with them over email. If you can’t locate their reply I’d recommend searching your spam/junk folder or searching your inbox for any emails from zapier.com in case. Sometimes their emails can end up in the spam/junk folder by accident.