Question

How do I automate form submissions from my website to update subscribers in ConvertKit?

• 19 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Here’s what I’m trying to do:

I'm looking to create a seamless workflow where users can submit a form on my website, capturing their name, email, and any relevant UTM parameters.

This data will then be used to automatically add or update subscribers in my ConvertKit account.  Additionally, I want this process to be automated without the need for custom server-side coding, utilizing tools like Zapier to connect my website's form submissions directly with ConvertKit and potentially log this information in Google Sheets for further analysis.

ConvertKit doesn’t allow hidden fields. I have a js script that stores the UTM Parameters in the browser. I assume I will need some kind of Webhook to post the UTMs to ConvertKit?

Hope this is clear!
TIA

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Jay Allen,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I believe UTM Parameters data isn’t available in ConvertKit triggers in Zapier. You might want to explore using Webhooks by Zapier for you to be able to pull these data.

You can learn more about Webhooks by Zapier here:

Please note that, this feature is considered to be advanced, therefore, our support for it may be limited due to the differences in APIs and the unique nature of each request. Our team wants to help you as much as possible, but it can be difficult to diagnose and resolve issues with this feature.

If you require assistance with setting up Webhooks by Zapier, I suggest contacting one of our certified Zapier Experts. You can find a list of them on our website at https://zapier.com/experts.

Hopefully, this helps!