Question

How do I automate a video downloading and reformatting process?

• 7 February 2024
  • 1 reply

hey! I'm right now looking to automate a pretty repetitive task, but not sure how to do it or if it's even possible in the first place. Would love some help, here's what I would need it to do:

Download 3 unique videos from a google drive folder and then copy the file names into ChatGPT with a prompt to reformat the name, and this needs to be done for each file. Then i'd need it to change the format of the videos into a more compatible format and then post the videos with their respective reformatted name into a Discord channel separately from each other. This should also be reusable and each new run it should download and choose only new videos that it hasn't downloaded yet.

Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @matsku, welcome to the Community! 👋

Potentially I’m thinking you could use the New File in Folder Google Drive trigger as that would trigger for each new file that’s added. Then use a Conversation with Assistant (ChatGPT) action to reformat the title as per the instructions it’s given. Then use an app like CloudConvert to convert the video file into the desired format.

Paths (or a Filter in multiple Zaps) could be used to add some branching logic to the Zap to allow it check for certain criteria so that it posts the messages to the correct Discord channel. 

And to ensure it only posts new videos I’d recommend storing a record of each video that’s posted in a database or spreadsheet, such as Zapier Tables for example. Then you’d use a search action in the Zap to check whether the file has already been uploaded. And follow that up with a filter to stop the Zap from continuing for any video it’s previously seen.

Do you think that approach could work?