Skip to main content
Best answer

How do I auto-post to specific Facebook groups based on keywords in my Facebook page posts?

• 19 December 2023
  • 2 replies

I want to create a Zap that, when something is posted on my fan page 'Jorge Hurtado Real Estate Advisor,' it automatically posts in certain groups. Since I post houses from different states of my country, I want it to post in the group of X state when I post about X state, and in the group of Y state when I post about Y state. I'm not sure if I can program the Zap to identify certain words in the post and post it in the group I want depending on the word I put in the post? Thank you very much for your help, I'm a bit lost on how to do this. If there's someone who can advise me on how to use Zapier, and I would be willing to pay for a Zoom call for advice. Thank you.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @jorgelhga,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I think you can only post on Facebook groups when you’re the one who manages it. To test, could you please try this Zap setup?

1. Trigger: Facebook Pages - New Post by You
  2. Action: Filter by Zapier - You can add a condition for the Zap to only continue when contains a certain word.
  3. Action: Facebook Groups - Post Message 

Please let me know if this works. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey folks, 

Just wanted to pop in here to note that due to the sunsetting of the Facebook Groups API, the Facebook Groups app on Zapier stopped working on April 22, 2024. You can learn more about this here: App update: Facebook Groups app removal

Please do reach out in Community if you have any questions at all. 🧡