Best answer

How do I assign the name which is a string from Airtable to the people column on Monday

• 22 April 2022
  • 3 replies

How do I assign the name which is a string from Airtable to the people column on Monday?

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting. 

icon

Best answer by christina.d 10 June 2022, 02:59

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Vijay_Chen 

Good question.

Try adding this Zap action: Monday - Get User Details

Monday likely expects the internal User ID as the value being passed/set in the Zap action step.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi friends! I wanted to pop in and share the solution that was achieved with our friends in support:

I'm keen to see if we can come up with any potential workarounds. I'd recommend statically adding the Monday.com User ID of your colleague to the QA field in the "Change Multiple Columns Value" step. You can learn more here on how to find an ID on Monday.com:

https://support.monday.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000225709#articles__anchor:~:text=numbers%3A-,Column%20ID,The%20column%20ID%20will%20now%20be%20in%20the%20dropdown

Next, select the field you want to add the User ID and select the custom option as shown below:

Please keep in mind that when you enter a static value into an action field, the Zap will send the same value to your action app every time it runs. You can learn more here:

https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/send-data-between-steps-mapping-fields

I hope this helps! 🤗

@Troy Tessalone 
Thank you for your help, but I tried it your way and failed. Is there any other method?

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.