Question

How do I add new subscribers from Convertkit to a Google Spreadsheet without too many Zaps?

The zap is pretty straightforward. Is there a way to do it without melting my zaps? Because I work for a big newsletter, and adding the usual zap will meltdown our number of zaps.

My question is more to see if Zapier can do this automation in bunches, like once every month/week, without consuming too many zaps.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @Luluxa,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I wouldn't anticipate that being a problem! You can use Zapier Manager to turn the Zap off and on. Here’s an in-depth tutorial on this Community post:

Additionally, if you want to limit the runs of your Zap. We also have an in-depth tutorial about that here:

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Thanks, gonna read it to see if it fits with our newsletter problem, sending a feedback soon.

Yeah, it’s not exactly what I want. One solution founded on the first article is interesting. But the thing is:

I don’t want the zap to stop or be limited. The perfect scenario would be the zap exporting 100 new subscribers to a google spreadsheet with 1 single zap, instead of spending 100 zaps to export each single new subscriber.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Luluxa, I’ve actually set up something similar to what your requesting for one of my own Zaps irl (in real life). You can check out an article on that here, it’s a tutorial, but I believe some of the information will relay well in this case. The only extra step I would add in your position would be using the Schedule by Zapier, and setting it up to only fire every 24 hours or so to cut-down on the Zaps firing. 

Another option you have is to look into Transfer by Zapier, thought I’m not sure how helpful that will be in this case, as it is designed to move information over in bulk. Thus, wherever your subscribers live on your website, you would then set up a Zap using an exported CSV to transfer over, let’s say, all subscribers from the past 72 hours at once. 

I hope this helps, let me know if you have questions!