Best answer

How do I add an extra field in Mailerlite

• 24 March 2023
  • 1 reply

I’m tranferring from Converkit zo mailerlite and am now updating all my zaps. But it seems I can’t add the first name to my zap action in Zapier (add subscriber to group) I only can add a value in the email field. Someone who knows what i’m missing here? In convertkit this was never a problem. 

Converkit

Mailerlite

Refreshing fields doesn’t make a difference and the fields (and more) are already created in mailerlite.

icon

Best answer by SamB 24 March 2023, 11:37

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @FloretteV!

Ah, it looks like the option to add a name when adding a subscriber in MailerLite is currently only available when using the MailerLite Classic version:
b5224417d6ed59f9054a3270c8edef2f.png
Are you able to use the MailerLite Classic version instead? If not, I’d suggest contacting our Support team to ask them to open up a feature request on your behalf to get that name field added. 

In the meantime, it may also be worth looking into using a Webhooks by Zapier action to make add the subscriber to the group along with their name and other details. Webhooks are a bit more of an advanced feature so they’re only available on our paid plans. But if it’s something you’d be interested in exploring I’d recommend checking out our Send webhooks in Zaps guide. And you’ll need to reference the MailerLite API documentation when setting it up. Hope that helps! 🙂