Question

How do I access all the data in a Ticket Taylor Custom Buyer Question field using Zapier?

• 7 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a Zap connected to Ticket Taylor, and I receive all the data from the form whenever a ticket is sold. The problem is that Zapier does not allow to select specific data. For example:

I want to access “Custom Buyer Questions” to obtain all the data, but Zapier only allows me to access to each value. This parameter can have more than one question so I need to access to “Custom Buyer Questions”. Is there any way to do so?

Thanks in advice!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @LIN3S 

Good question.

Check this related topic for how to do so:

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone!

Thanks for your time. 

I will try to put another example that might be more clear to understand where the problem is. During Ticket Tailor paying process you can add up to 20 students. This is something you might or might not use. Depending on that in the response we get something like:

In this image “Course Name” will not persist from one ticket to another as it will change depending on the course that is set. Zapier only allows to access to:

Custom Attendee Questions Course Name 1 Question
Custom Attendee Questions Course Name 1 Answer

Custom Attendee Questions Course Name 2 Question
Custom Attendee Questions Course Name 2 Answer

And so on. The problem is that the course name is dynamic as we have several courses. That’s why I need to access to “Custom Attendee Questions” parameter and not to the actual value as the route will not persist.

Is this even possible?

Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@LIN3S 

The solution will likely involve custom Code to handle the nested objects and line items.

You can explore asking ChatGPT for help with the code.

Or you can try working with a Certified Zapier Expert.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone 

Thanks for your response and time, but this seems to be not possible at all.

Ticket Tailor trigger does not allow me to get a raw response so that I can access the data I want as suggested in some other topics. In Zapier code step I can’t access “Custom Attendee Questions” field in any way.

As mentioned before Zapier only allows me to select the value for each map field, and the route for this case will not be the same as it depends on the course name. So when this value changes, Zapier cannot find the value

Is not possible to access Custom Attendee Questions field in any way? It’s nonsense as the data is there, but cannot access it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@LIN3S 

There are advanced approaches to getting access to the raw JSON data.