Question

How can Zapier's Utilities Formatter "Text to Line Item" be used to import Lodgify data to Xero?

• 24 June 2023
  • 4 replies

I am using Zapier to trigger an Invoice in Xero (Accounting) from Lodgify (Short-term rental management software).

I have a Zap setup & working that imports all of the summary data but it come thru as a single line item, and then requires manual editing to split out the room rate fee's and the cleaning fee, linen fee, commission, etc.

I need assistance to import 2 or 3 line items where the room fee's, cleaning and linen fee's can be on separate line items on Xero Invoice.

I have tried setting up using "Utilities Formatter on Zapier" using the "Text to Line Item" feature, however I can not work out how split into line items based on API data available form Lodgify? It may be that the Lodgify API is not providing granular data?

I have attached screenshots of the fields available when setting up Zap and the resulting import into Xero, Invoice as created by Xero/Zapier, and Manual Edit of Invoice.

Thanks for your assistance.

Kind Regards

Paul

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @paulsymes1969! Thanks for reaching out in community - we definitely want to help!

Are you able to share those screenshots with us again please? It looks like they didn’t come through properly. We’ll likely need to see how Lodgify is returning everything to properly troubleshoot.

Great job finding the Formatter - Text to Line Item feature though! It’s a great start.

In the meantime, curious if you’ve given the Line Itemizer feature a go? It may be more along the lines of what you need. My teammate wrote a few articles that may be useful:

Keep us posted! 🙂

Please ignore first 3 images that won’t load as Zapier will not allow me to delete these.  The remaining 7 images are relevant to my question.

I’ve added an image of the Zapier “Lodgify+Xero” integration to this message.  Am I able to communicate with the person/team responsible for this integration as it could be improved to resolve my issues.

I will review the “Line Itemizer Feature” you have noted above, however this would only be a work-around for the fact the integration has shortcomings.

Thanks for your help.

I have setup a “Line Itemizer Feature” and have it working at a basic level.  However how do i then get this to feed into a Xero Create Invoice action when the actions have compulsory fields that overwrite the line item data generated prior? And I also need to apply the Xero Account to the line Item(s) and some cases these are different accounts?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @paulsymes1969!

Can you elaborate on this please: 

However how do i then get this to feed into a Xero Create Invoice action when the actions have compulsory fields that overwrite the line item data generated prior?

I’m not sure I understand what you’re referring to. And actually, could you clarify this bit too:

And I also need to apply the Xero Account to the line Item(s) and some cases these are different accounts?

Which accounts are different? Like, how would this happen based on how your Zap is set up? Thanks!