Best answer

Google contacts creates "Other contact"

• 2 February 2023
  • 3 replies

I have a zap that ads new contacts to our Google Workspace. I need it to add the same contact to two different people’s address books.

The zap adds the contact to one account just fine, but in the other account, it places the contact in the “Other Contacts” category.

I duplicated the “add contact” step and just replaced the Google Account, so I cannot comprehend what went wrong, or what the difference between the two zap steps is…

Any thoughts?

icon

Best answer by kpellegr 9 February 2023, 08:14

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey there @kpellegr, I agree with Troy. It sounds like this may be a setting in your Google Account, were you able to check and confirm this? Let us know if the issue still persists! 

I noticed that the contacts *do* end up in the contacts folder. It is as if they go into “other contacts” first and that Google Contacts moves them to “Contacts” automatically.

I haven’t seen it “live” in action, but if I open the contacts the next day, they are in the “Contacts” folder.

I can’t seem to find any setting to change this; but I guess the problem is “solved” :-)

Thank you for following-up!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @kpellegr 

Good question.

That may be a setting in the Google Account for how to handle new contacts.